𝟕 𝐓𝐢𝐩𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐒𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐃𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐂𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐃-𝟏𝟗
It’s not 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 about the masks & hand sanitizer.
𝟕 𝐓𝐢𝐩𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐒𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐃𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐂𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐃-𝟏𝟗.
Need to sell? Looking to optimize on a 🔥hot market? But also in a pandemic. These tips will not only keep you safe but sell your home quickly and at top dollar 💸.
1. Pricing Strategy – right off the bat you cannot overprice your home in a pandemic. There’s only serious buyers out right now and they’re being realistic with their $$. On top of that, banks are reviewing properties more before lending money. The home will have to appraise at the amount it sells at.
We go through the comparables, market data and come up with the right pricing strategy for your home. That could be at market value, below or 𝘴𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘭𝘺 above.
2. Maximizing exposure – marketing strategy. Each home is unique and needs it’s own marketing strategy. Especially during a pandemic when buyers are staying home. So how do we get eyes on your home? Online marketing strategy, top rated photography, videography, virtual tour, signage and more.
It’s not as easy as you read. We dive deep into each action with a unique tactic. Heard of re-marketing? Message us to understand.
3. A Database with 1000+ Emails!!! …of agents. SO let’s chat about this one. Everyone’s eyes these days are either on their tablet, computer or phone. Best way to sell your listing is to be on their screen. What Zehra & Sarah have done is spent many, many (many) hours compiling neighbourhood specific databases of agents. Yup, we’ve spent hours collecting agents names and splitting them up into Richmond Hill Agents, Whitby Agent, Aurora Agents, etc.
Our open and click rate has been through the roof! Our emails go out pre-listing, during listing (message for an example of email that goes out during the sale) and post.
4. Coming soons are key! Getting a coming soon sign up before you go to market is so important. Drive-bys, neighbours talking and side walk exposure will maximize the interest in your home. It’s the “cliff hanger” – the “suspense” of the marketing story we tell to sell your home.
5. Post sale might not be important to the seller of the current listing but it is for the next seller. Our marketing job doesn’t stop after we sell the home. (Neither does our job for the seller of the home.) You see us post-marketing a home and up keeping with the buyers we got from sign calls, online leads, virtual open houses, etc.
Why do we do this? How does it make a difference in your future sale? Buyers! We don’t close the door and kick up our feet after a sale closes. We continue the grind and hustle and look for the next home for our new buyers we got from the listing.
That means we got buyers!
6. Electronic everything! We cannot express how important this is during a time of social distancing – 6 ft apart! We recently had a listing which received 3 bully offers. One agent insisted on meeting at the home to bring us a hardcopy of the offer. It was up to the sellers comfort levels to allow or not allow this to happen. In the end he was allowed to come to the house with a mask and gloves however- only outside. But the seller was not impressed by the offer being handed over physically.
In a world where electronic signing and paperwork is allowed – why not utilize the systems at hand? Especially to prevent spread of the disease. We can directly send anything to your device.
7. Financing, Appraisals and Deposits! We aren’t afraid to ask a buyer where their money is coming from, how long it will take to get the deposit and how much of it they have. Right now (during covid) this is necessary.
With the uncertainty of jobs, the loss of jobs and banks over-analyzing every dollar – we have to know that a buyer is qualified & pre-approved. Imagine accepting an offer but then the deposit doesn’t show up within 24 hours?
This is where negotiations come into play. Asking buyers and their agents the important questions. We also want to know who your lawyer & mortgage broker are. Getting documents to them the second a deal goes conditional or firm. In constant communication with them to make sure they are on top of your file weeks in advance. Why? We do this because there are delays at banks right now. Line ups to get funds wired over. Even the land registration of the city you are buying in is working with limited hours and man power.
Get the paper. Get it fast. Get it early.
7a. We had to add this one in here. Sanitizer, masks, virtual showings, disclosure forms. Safety is of the utmost importance right now. Agents & buyers must sign a disclosure form before showing the property. Confirming they haven’t travelled or been around anyone with COVID or are experiencing symptoms.
We provide masks and sanitizer at all listings.
Virtual showings are first. We ask that all agents do a walk-through of the home virtually with our 3D tour before stepping foot in the home.
Staging, showing procedures, our offerings and more … email us today for your full virtual home evaluation.
AH! We feel like we have told you so much already! Maybe too much. Revealing our secrets. Knowledge is power. Work with us to get it done right the first time.
If you are an agent and this helped you or you’d like to have a mastermind call to discuss feel free to call us. We’re looking for buyer agents to join our team!
Zehra & Sarah